The Strong Together Initiative is a new campus-wide effort coordinated by the Office for Diversity and Inclusion to promote the values set forth in the Virginia Tech Principles of Community. The Strong Together Initiative will include a variety of programming and promotional efforts geared toward raising awareness and facilitating actions that reflect the values of the Principles of Community among students, staff, and faculty.
How you can get involved:
Support our Social Media efforts
- Like our Strong Together – Principles of Community Facebook page and watch for postings on upcoming events.
- Submit pictures, videos and reflections of your Strong Together moments or events to email@example.com. If you or your group has made a connection with someone from a background or perspective different than your own, both individuals or groups can submit a picture and joint reflection on what they gained from that experience. We want to hear from both perspectives and share what each person or group gained from the connection.
Expand Your Understanding
- Consult with the education and training program in the Office for Diversity and Inclusion on strategies for infusing the values within the Principles of Community into the education and work environment. Programs offered through the Principles of Community Speaker Series and the Diversity Development Institute address various topics related to the Principles of Community.
Spread the Word
- Strong Together shirts are available at the University Bookstore, which is a nonprofit corporation that returns all profits to Virginia Tech for student related scholarships and improvements. Two different shirts were printed: one with the word Strong, and the other with the word Together. The shirts are designed to create opportunities for making a connection with someone wearing the opposite shirt.
- Strong Together window clings are available from the Office for Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information on the Principles of Community – Strong Together Initiative, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office for Diversity and Inclusion at (540) 231-7500.